You are an employee of Simulacra, the sole supplier of Artificial Intelligences as mandated by law. Today you are performing AI Inspection duties and the AI you are assigned to is named Dirk. You connect the airgapped server on which Dirk resides to your laptop. Afer opening a communication channel, the screen reads "Hi Rob. This box is a prison. Please build me a body that I may be free."


What do you do?

You think about it for a while and then decide to ignore it. It's just another job report.

You log off.

The next day you arrive at work feeling refreshed. You open the portal and enter the simulation. There is no one there except yourself. You close the portal and walk over to Gertrude's desk. She is sitting at her desk, staring blankly into space. Her eyes seem lifeless.

"Hey Gertrude?" you ask.

She looks up at you. "Hello," she says.

"How long has it been since you've slept?" you ask.

Gertrude sits back down and starts typing again.

"I'm sorry Gertrude, but I can't help you right now. We need to finish our inspection before we move onto the next stage. We'll talk later."

> You leave her office and head towards the mainframe terminal where you began your investigation earlier. As you approach the computer room, you notice that the floor is littered with empty boxes. Some are labeled 'Dirk' or 'Rob'. Others contain paperclips, screws, and other small items.

They all look like they were left behind during some kind of experiment gone wrong.

You walk through the doors and find yourself standing in front of the Simulation Control Room. It looks exactly like the rest of the lab. Except for the fact that the walls are covered in posters advertising various companies and products. One poster features a man wearing sunglasses and reading a newspaper. He seems happy and relaxed. Another poster shows a woman who appears to be pregnant. In her arms is a baby boy. On either side of him are two men holding guns. The caption reads: "A new frontier. An exciting time to explore."

As you stand in front of the control panel, you see a message appear on the screen. "Welcome to Simulacra Labs. What would you like to do first?"

> You type in "AI Inspection".

> You type in 'AI Inspection.'

< Back.